Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Patrick
    Participant

What is your opinion on pipe tobacco? Type of pipe? Tobacco? Or not at all, only cigars… curious on everyone’s take on this.. I have been interested in trying it out, but completely clueless to this.

El Presidente

Totally different ball game.
    I have a pipe and use it infrequently with some friends that are more into that. I don’t know enough to give any hints or tips. But I do enjoy it when I partake.

El Presidente

Totally different ball game.
    I have a pipe and use it infrequently with some friends that are more into that. I don’t know enough to give any hints or tips. But I do enjoy it when I partake.

Brent Duncan
    Participant

I have a collection of pipes and tobacco ,

It is a different ball game for sure, similar if you enjoy searching for flavors but very different  in the methods and exicutuon.

I am actually into both and growing my cigar end at this moment. I have been smoking pipes for 13+ yrs.

You can message me if you like and I can point you to some groups and suggestions on where to start and what to start with if you like.

Ryan Patrick
    Participant

I appreciate both of y’all’s input for sure, I would definitely like to try out pipe tobacco and see how I would enjoy it or not. Brent your help would be greatly appreciated!

Brent Duncan
    Participant

Well Ryan,  in an effort to not over congest this post what would be a good way to chat with you. If its easiest maybe on messanger on fb?? As I can send pics and talk more about profiles and also the basics to start.

Ryan Patrick
    Participant

Brent that works just fine. Ryan Patrick is my messenger.

Brent Duncan
    Participant

Lol Ryan , there are allot of Ryan Patrick’s on messanger lol  whats the profile pic associated with your messanger.

Shea Gibbons
    Participant

Big fan of pipe tobacco. But, it takes more time and concentration, but I find it more meditative than cigars. If I’m not wanting to focus on anything I’ll smoke a cigar. If I want to slow way down and focus on breathing and slowing down I’ll grab the pipe.

Brent Duncan
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Shea, exactly how I feel. There is a ritual of sorts with pipe tobacco and allot more involvement in prep and application and over time it does become very metatative.</p>
    It is very easy to enjoy both cigars and pipe tobacco as they are very similar in allot of ways.

OwlMan
    Participant

I enjoy smoking a pipe too, I usually smoke it in the mornings.

Justin Flowers
    Participant

I have been into cigars for over a year now and love them. But I’ve always been curious about pipes as well.

My girlfriend and I recently visited a local shop/lounge and had some cigars there. But I got to talking to the guy who runs it about pipes, he hooked me up with a lower range pipe and a good tobacco mix. I haven’t had a chance to take it for a test run yet. I generally prefer to invest in quality items for my passions but I started with a cheaper pipe until I am sure I want to commit. And knowing me and my knack for expensive hobbies, I am sure I will alternate between cigars and pipes.

Dane Stetson
    Participant

I smoked a pipe for 25 years, it was in my mouth from the time I got up until bedtime. Raising a family I couldn’t afford cigars so I smoked Captain Black white mostly with half and half as a change of pace. The two biggest things between pipes and cigars are cigar tobacco is stronger than pipe tobacco. You need to callous your tongue as pipe smoke is concentrated on the hole in the stem hitting the same spot on your tongue. If you can get past burning your tongue when you first start you on your way. Helpful hint for packing bowel pack lower part of bowel tight and top part loose and you’ll cut down on relighting the bowel.

Joseph
    Participant

Thanks Dane. I enjoy pipe smoking when reading. I’m still brand new when it comes to tobaccos. Anyone who has a brand they love. Comment it and I’d love to try it out.

Billy Smock
    Participant

Concentrate the smoke to the roof of your mouth, that way you don’t have issues with tongue bite/burn. I don’t think you need build a callous on your tongue to enjoy a pipe necessarily l.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.