The Buck Bar Facts:
• The bar is a 14’ X 14’ shed that I had built to suit. It has 2 exhaust fans positioned at the front and back of the bar. I had the door installed in the middle of that bar to create a natural division in the bar.
• I found a 100-year-old bar from a local mercantile store to add dark wood and class. (Buck was all about class)
• The antique bar is flanked by two black metal shelves. One shelf holds humidors of Bucks, pipes and one of the famous fedoras that Buck wore. Most importantly it is where Buck’s ashes reside.
• The other shelf holds a variety of whiskeys and bourbons. The top shelf is reserved for Buck’s bottle of Macallan 12-Year and bottle of Ron Zacapa rum.
• The cigars are housed in a Nuaire electric humidor as well as traditional wood humidors. There is a private reserve of cigars that I brought back from Buck’s place. The center of the antique bar features a humidor that was given to Buck by Rocky Patel. (See picture)
• We use a mini refrigerator to keep beer and wine cold.
• There are 4 leather chairs that make up the seating. In the middle of the chairs is a cow hide and ottoman.
• The floors are real bamboo wood floors.
• The walls are completely covered with cedar wood planks.
• Both the ceiling and walls are insulated, and the bar is hard wired to the house and supplies all the power we need.
• The covered patio is 14X12 and will feature a wicker sectional as well as a bar top table and 4 chairs. The patio will be extended ten additional feet and an outdoor bar will be added.
• Currently the bar has 2 TV’s. There is a 65’ TV inside the bar and a 40’ TV on the patio. This way we can watch sports and bet horses.
To add ambiance, we add metal signs to the exterior whenever we find good ones. We also proudly fly the American flag as well as the Arizona flag (I know we live in Colorado, but our hearts are in Arizona). On the inside there hangs Buck’s Willie Mays jersey (Became a fan and a friend during spring training) as well as a banner from Mr. Bucks fine cigars. The Buxstyl license plate from his Cadillac is also displayed.
• The centerpiece of the Buck Bar is the handmade lighted sign for Buck himself. This was crafted by our friend Terry.